Department of Clinical Problems of Atherothrombosis
Head of the Department
E.P.Panchenko, MD, PhD, Professor.
Laboratory of Clinical Problems of Atherothrombosis was created in 2000 by the initiative of the E.I. Chazov, and in 2017 it was transformed into a department.
Laboratory research is carried out by professor A.B.Dobrovolsky.
The department is open daily, except for weekends, and the working hours are according to the existing staff list.
The department performs both clinical and laboratory activities. The members of clinical and laboratory divisions work in close collaboration with each other allowing for optimizing the diagnostic and medical process associated with the development and approbation of new methods of a research of hemostasis, diagnostics of thrombosis and optimization of antithrombotic therapy.
The department’s anticoagulant clinic was established in 2003.
The main directions of scientific research are: development of new methods of hemostasis system research, optimization of antithrombotic therapy on the basis of coagulation and pharmacogenetic researches. The major direction is prospective observation of patients receiving antithrombotic drugs, with an aim of identifying efficiency and safety predictors of such therapy. The department also conducts studies focused on personification of antithrombotic therapy using the latest pharmacogenetic approaches.
The department takes part in development of new antithrombotic drugs on the basis of DNA aptamer and actively participates in the Russian epidemiological research dedicated to assessment of coagulation risk factors in the population of the Russian Federation.
The department performs treatment of patients with various forms of CAD, peripheral atherosclerosis, heart rhythm disturbances, valvular heart disease, and patients with difficult cases of thrombosis of various localization, identification of causes of thrombogenesis, and selection of optimum antithrombotic therapy.
14 Ph.D. and 2 doctoral dissertations were defended by member of the department, and results of the researches were presented on the national and international congresses.
The members of the department published monographs concerning hemostasis, thrombosis and antithrombotic therapy as well as book chapters regarding mechanisms of a thrombogenesis and antithrombotic therapy.
The list of the monographs:
- «Prevention of thromboembolism in patients with AF» of E.P. Panchenko, E.S. Kropacheva, 2007
- «Venous thrombosis in practice of the therapist and the surgeon» A.I. Kiriyenko, E.P. Panchenko, V.V. Andriyashkin, 2012
- «Аntithrombotic therapy in cardiology», edited by Е.Р. Panchenko, 2019
Сhapters in monographs and textbooks:
- «Rational pharmacotherapy of cardiovascular diseases» edited by E.I. Chazov (editions 1st and 2)
- «Clinical angiology» edited by A.V. Pokrovsky, 2004
- «Urgent cardiology» edited by A.L. Syrkin, 2004
- «Clinical biochemistry» edited by V.A. Tkachuk 2004
- «Thromboembolism of pulmonary arteries. How to treat and prevent» edited by A.I. Kiriyenko, A.M. Chernyavsky and V.V. Andriyashkin, 2015
- «The guide to cardiology» edited by E.I. Chazov, 2015
During the last 17 years, 197 articles were published in local reviewed journals and 4 in international journals, members of the department participated 68 times in international congresses (ISTH, ESC etc) and 86 times in the Russian congresses. The staff of department are coauthors in 3 patents.
The department is actively involved in writing national recommendations for practical doctors.
The list of created recommendations:
- Eurasian clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of ST-segment elevation ACS (2020)
- Atrial fibrillation and flutter in adults. Recommendations of the Russian Society of Cardiology, approved by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (2020).
- Diagnostics and treatment of patients with acute myocardial infarction with ST segment elevation of the electrocardiogram. Recommendations of the Russian Society of Cardiology (2019).
- Eurasian clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation (2019)
- Acute coronary syndrome without ST segment elevation electrocardiogram. Recommendations of the Russian Society of Cardiology, approved by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (2020).
- Chronic ischemic heart disease. Recommendations of the Russian Society of Cardiology, approved by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (2020).
- Interim Guidelines: Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Novel Coronavirus Infection (COVID-19) (Versions 6-10). Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (2020).
- Diagnostics and treatment of patients with an acute coronary syndrome presenting without ST-segment elevation (2015)
- DIAGNOSTICS AND TREATMENT of PATIENTS with the ACUTE MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION WITH ST-segment elevation (2013)
- DIAGNOSTICS AND TREATMENT of DISTURBANCES of the HEART RHYTHM AND CONDUCTIVITY (2014)
- DIAGNOSTICS AND TREATMENT of CHRONIC CORONARY HEART DISEASE – 2013
- Research of a pharmacogenetics of warfarin and clopidogrel for optimization of antithrombotic therapy (2015)
- National guidelines for diagnostics and treatment of atrial fibrillation (RCS, 2012)
- National guidelines for antithrombotic therapy in patients with stable manifestations of an aterothrombosis (NOAT, VNOK, 2009)
- National guidelines for diagnostics and treatment of patients with an acute myocardial infarction with ST-segment elevation (VNOK, 2007)
- RUSSIAN CLINICAL guidelines for DIAGNOSTICS, TREATMENT AND PREVENTION of VENOUS TROMBOEMBOLIC EPISODES (Association of phlebologists of Russia, Association of cardiovascular surgeons of Russia, All-Russian society of surgeons, Russian scientific medical organization of therapists, Society of specialists in urgent cardiology, 2015)
The department takes active part in work of the National Society of Atherothrombosis (NOAT) created in 2002. Professor Panchenko E.P. since 2004 is the head of the educational project for doctors concerning diagnostics of thrombosis and antithrombotic therapy (School of atherothrombosis).
The department takes active part in work of these schools, manages the website «noat.ru» and participates in issuing «Aterotromboz» journal, which since 2015 is included in the list of journals recommended by VAK.
Laboratory equipment: analyzer STA-Compact, Fluoroscan Ascent, Multiscan Go, VerifyNow P2Y12, freezers.
The rendered services:
- Treatment of patients with various forms of CAD, PAD, AF.
- Treatment of patients with thrombosis of various localization
- Identification of the reasons of thrombosis
- Measurement of fibrinogen, prothrombin, INR, D-Dimer, lupus anticoagulant, anti-thrombin, von Willebrand factor, residual reactivity of platelets
- Selection of optimum antithrombotic therapy for the specific patient
- Observation of the patients needing continuous anticoagulant therapy
- Elizaveta Pavlovna Panchenko, MD, Professor, Head of the department
- Dobrovolsky Anatoly Borisovich is the chief researcher, MD.
- Komarov Andrey Leonidovich is the leading researcher, MD.
- Titayeva Elena Vladimirovna is the senior research associate, PhDs in Medicine.
- Kropacheva Ekaterina Stanislavovna is the senior research associate, PhDs in Medicine.
- Fedotkina Yulia Aleksandrovna is the research associate, PhDs in Medicine.
- Shahmatova Olga Olegovna is the research associate , PhDs in Medicine.
- Zemlyanskaya Oksana Aleksandrovna is the junior researcher, PhDs in Medicine.
- Krivosheeva Elena Nikolaevna is the junior researcher, PhDs in Medicine.