The department of arterial hypertension
Head of the Department
I.Ye.Chazova, Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Main research directions:
- The research of the pathogenesis, characteristics of the course, diagnostics and treatment of patients with arterial hypertension (AH).
- Investigation of pathogenesis, treatment and prognosis in patients with resistant and refractory AH
- Investigations in the field of diagnosis and treatment of secondary hypertension, metabolic syndrome.
- New treatment approach’s development of patients with hypertension in combination with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchial asthma (BA).
- Investigation and effectiveness evaluation of instrumental methods of treatment in case of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension.
- Development of patient selection algorithms and the improvement of radiofrequency denervation and renal arteries stenting methodology in patients with refractory arterial hypertension.
- Maintaining a register of patients with arterial hypertension
The most significant research results of recent years
- New approaches were developed to optimize the diagnosis and treatment of secondary hypertension. An extensive clinical database has been formed to study arterial hypertension in rare low-renin forms of hyperaldosteronism.
- Monogenic form of hyperaldosteronism, corrected by glucocorticoid due to the presence of a chimeric gene mutation, was diagnosed for the first time in the Russian Federation in collaboration with the laboratory of functional genomics of cardiovascular diseases.
- For the first time in Russia, the possibility of identifying different genotype’s combinations was determined to distinguish various forms of hyperaldosteronism in patients with low-renin hyperaldosteronism.
- For the first time in the Russian ethnic group, clinical and genetic relationships was determined in patients with arterial hypertension and large arteries lesions in nonspecific aortoarteritis that make it possible to predict the course of this disease and identify indications to start target therapy. Methodical approaches to the differentiated use of various non-invasive methods to examine the arteries in this category of patients have been developed.
- One of the first guidelines on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with hypertension and COPD together with the Russian Respiratory Society were created.
- For the first time in Russia transluminal balloon angioplasty of the pulmonary arteries was performed. This method proved its high efficacy and safety in treatment of inoperable patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension.
- Techniques improvement of radiofrequency denervation of renal arteries allowed patients with refractory arterial hypertension to achieve target BP level, improve quality of life, reduce the number of medications.
- Assessment and analysis of the trend of changes in the structure of the morbidity of hypertension, comorbidity, ongoing therapy, the effectiveness of examination and treatment.