2nd clinical department
(The Department of Pulmonary Hypertension and Heart Disease)
Head of the 2nd Clinical Department
Darensky Dmitry Ivanovich
The mainstream of research:
- development of new algorithms for the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension (PH) of various etiologies and severity;
- long-term follow-up, including remote, for patients with coronary heart disease (CHD);
- conducting clinical trials of drugs
In the Department of pulmonary hypertension and heart disease on the basis of the 2nd clinical department of the Institute of Cardiology named after A.L. Myasnikov is provided assistance to patients with any cardiovascular disease in accordance with current Russian and international guidelines while observing high quality standards.
The mainstream of scientific and clinical work is medical assistance to patients with – PH- a severe pathology of the cardiovascular system. This syndrome of high pressure in pulmonary artery can develop as a result of different causes: left ventricular dysfunction (due to CHD, arterial hypertension, cardiomyopathy), heart disease (acquired and congenital), recurrent pulmonary embolism, lung diseases, connective tissue disease and even some infectious diseases. Rarely the cause of PH may be the primary lesion of pulmonary vessels themselves (idiopathic or primary PH). The main manifestation of PH is dyspnea on exertion. A wide range of diseases that can manifest with dyspnea on exertion, as well as a variety of causes of PH, require highly skilled expertise to conduct differential diagnosis. Making an accurate and timely diagnosis is the basis for effective treatment of our patients. High qualification of researchers and doctors of the department, most of whom have completed internship in foreign clinics, ensures the highest standards of cardiac care for patients.
The Department has 3 Doctors of Medicine (MD), 9 Doctors of Philosophy (PhD), 5 doctors of the highest category. The Department has a functional diagnostics room that allows examining the most difficult patients directly in the Department (Echo, Holter monitoring, stress echocardiography, treadmill test, cardiopulmonary exercise testing, 24-hour blood pressure monitoring). To solve complex diagnostic problems in close cooperation with all diagnostic departments of the Institute of Clinical Cardiology the most modern non-invasive (digital ECG, expert Echo, perfusion-ventilation scintigraphy, contrast CT angiography of pulmonary artery, digital spirometry, blood gas analysis, cardiopulmonary exercise testing) and invasive methods are used (right heart catheterization, selective pulmonary angiography, coronary angiography). An expert center for patients with PH functions in the Department. We provide methodological support and coordination of regional expert centers on the problem of PH, regularly organize schools, training seminars and thematic conferences. The stuff of the Department is involved in the creation of the National registry of patients with PH (www. medibase.ru), coordinate the network of regional centers, that allows to monitor the patients in dynamics and to maintain a high quality of care.
The Department carries out intensive scientific work in various areas of diagnosis and treatment of PH, conducts clinical trials of new drugs of specific therapy, developed both in our country and abroad. High qualification of researchers, corresponding to the international standards of GСP, as well as the authority of the Center of Cardiology allow to participate in the most key international clinical trials of promising specific drugs. The stuff of the Department is actively involved in the development of standards and clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) (2015) and PH (2016) headed by Prof. I.Ye. Chazova, the Director of the Institute of Clinical Cardiology named after A. L. Myasnikov, Academician of RAS.
Significant experience in the management of patients with PH is summarized in a number of articles on the problem of PH.
Over the past 3 years 6 monographs have been published:
- T.V. Martynyuk. Monograph “Pulmonary Hypertension” from the series “Library of FGBU "NMIC of Cardiology" of Ministry of Health of Russian Federation”. Moscow, 2018, 304 p.
- I.Ye. Chazova, T.V. Martynyuk. Monograph “Pulmonary Hypertension”. Moscow. “Practica”. 2015, 928 p.
- I.Ye. Chazova, T.V. Martynyuk. Chapters in the book "Rational Pharmacotherapy of Cardiovascular Diseases", edited by E.I. Chazov, Y.A. Karpov. Moscow. "Litterra" 2015.
- I.Ye. Chazova, T.V. Martynyuk. Chapter in the monograph “Pulmonary Hypertension” edited by S.N. Avdeev, Moscow. “Practica”. 2015
- I.Ye. Chazova, T.V. Martynyuk. Chapters in the monograph “Cardiology Guideline” in 4 volumes edited by E.I. Chazov. Moscow. “Practica”. 2014
- I.Ye. Chazova, T.V. Martynyuk. Chapters in “Handbook of Cardiovascular Diseases Medical Treatment” edited by E.I. Chazov. Moscow. “Practica”. 2015
1 manual for doctors "Pulmonary hypertension-in the fight for each patient" (T. V. Martynyuk, Z.S. Valieva, I. N. Taran, G. V. Ryabykina, V. K. Lazutkina, N.M. Danilov, M.A. Saidova). Practical medicine, 2016.
Chief of the Department of Pulmonary Hypertension and Heart Disease – Tamila V. Martynyuk, MD